What is the ScholarsArchive@JWU?
The ScholarsArchive@JWU is a web-based, searchable, open access publishing platform hosted by Johnson & Wales University Library. It makes publications and creative works freely accessible to anyone with access to the internet, providing a simple way for the university to preserve and showcase scholarship within a single, OCR-compliant site. Depositing work in the ScholarsArchive@JWU creates an active research distribution strategy, expands the reach and value of the scholarship, and allows the university community to share research and creative works across departments, colleges, campuses, and beyond.
To find out more about publishing services, and showcase capabilities, visit the Policies/FAQ page.
What are the benefits of contributing work?
- Works published in repositories are more visible, more accessible, and have greater potential for citation impact
- Google and the ScholarsArchive@JWU software work together to maximize visibility of published materials
- Powerful parallel distribution channels complement print publishing and can ensure both the long term preservation and accessibility of scholarly work
- Permanent URLs for easier dissemination
- Copyrights remain with the author
- Monthly download reports generated by the system are emailed directly to authors and contributors
- No maintenance by authors required
How can I learn more about Scholarly Communication and Open Access?
What our faculty are saying:
“The ScholarsArchive@JWU demonstrates Johnson & Wales University’s long-standing commitment to technological innovation in the academy. Serving as a portal for faculty writing and research, undergraduate scholarship and the library's special collections, it brings the best of our institution to a global audience. With the advent of this online repository, I’ve been able to share my own research – and that of JWU students – far more broadly, while meeting digital age expectations for accessible and reliable information.”
--Michael Fein, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Director of the Johnson & Wales University Honors Program